- Senior Citizens
- Senior Resources
- Health Organizations & Information
Health Organizations & Information
The Alzheimer's Association provides educational meetings and materials and support groups for individuals with Alzheimer's Disease, their families, and others who are interested.
- Ph: (800) 272-3900
American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society provides a variety of educational and support services for cancer patients and their families.
- Ph: (502) 584-6782
American Diabetes Association
The American Diabetes Association offers diabetes awareness and education services, including information for persons with diabetes and their families.
- Ph: (502) 589-3837
American Heart Association
- Offers a variety of educational materials on different types of heart disease and their treatment
- Provides educational services to increase public awareness of heart disease and its prevention
- Provides stroke clubs to help support and educate stroke patients and their families
Please contact the American Heart Association by calling (502) 587-8641.
American Lung Association
- Provides education, awareness, and prevention services pertaining to lung disease
- The family asthma program provides information about managing asthma for children ages 7-13 and their parents
Please contact the American Lung Association by calling (502) 363-2652.
The Arthritis Foundation provides literature, community education programs, exercise programs, advocacy, and research for the prevention, control, and cure of arthritis and joint related diseases.
- Ph: (502) 585-1866
Sponsored by the National Cancer Institute, the Cancer Hotline provides free information and support for cancer patients and their families.
- Ph: (800) 4-CANCER or (800) 422-6237
Catholic Charities Agency Nursing Home Ombudsman
The Catholic Charities Agency Nursing Home Ombudsman provides ombudsman services for nursing home residents in Jefferson, Oldham, Bullitt, Shelby, Spencer, Henry, and Trimble counties.
- Ph: (502) 637-9786
Hospice Services serves terminally ill persons with a life expectancy of less than six months. They provides comprehensive nursing and support services for terminally ill individuals and their families, including:
|Please contact Hospice Services by calling (502) 456-6200.|
Parkinson Support Center of Kentuckiana
The mission of the center is to promote a healthier and improved quality of life for those living with Parkinson’s disease in our communities. The two main areas of focus are providing programs and services for people with Parkinson’s disease; and public education and awareness by providing educational opportunities, support groups, and exercise programs.