- Public Works
SewerMetropolitan Sewer District (MSD) is responsible for any issue related to the sanitary sewer system. Call (502) 587-0603 for MSD assistance.
TreesTrees are the homeowner’s responsibility except for the:
- Portion of a tree blocking the water flow to the drain in an easement
- Portion of a tree in the street
- Portion of a tree on the sidewalk or overhanging limbs impeding the sidewalk
The Public Works Department does not remove any live, standing trees.
- Homeowners are responsible for their driveway approach. The Jeffersontown Public Works Department will only repair or replace the approach if deemed as a necessity to maintain positive stormwater drainage.
- Homeowners must obtain a permit for driveway repair, replacement, or modification in the right of way (the area between the sidewalk and the street).
- The Jeffersontown Public Works Department is responsible to maintain unobstructed stormwater drainage in the right of way.
- Public Works Crew
- The State of Kentucky and the MSD guidelines state that they will acknowledge a drainage problem when water stands for more than 48 hours in a driveway or ditch.
- Homeowners are responsible for leaf and debris removal from the catch basin grate on their property.
- The City of Jeffersontown does not own easements on private property. An easement is an area where the government and/or utility companies have the right to access the area.
- The Jeffersontown Public Works Department is responsible for leaf and debris removal from catch basins and other drainage structures not on the property (i.e. streets, retention areas).