Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Rumpke – the City of Jeffersontown’s waste and recycling service provider – is asking for assistance cleaning up yard waste. In recent weeks, Rumpke has seen an increase in contamination. Yard waste contamination includes plastic bags and cups, garden gloves, food waste and any items that aren’t accepted in the program.
Only shrubbery, grass, weeds, leaves and sticks are accepted in Rumpke’s yard waste program. If other material is found in yard waste containers, Rumpke unfortunately not collect them until the contaminated material has been removed.
As a reminder, yard waste should be placed loose inside the Rumpke issued yard waste containers. If you use a bag, make sure it is a compostable paper bag.
Other Important Reminders:
• Rumpke is not permitted to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials or any items identified as hazardous.
• Bulky materials including drywall, concrete, bricks, dirt or rocks are not acceptable.
• Mattresses, box springs and upholstered furniture must be wrapped and sealed in plastic prior to collection. Freon must be properly removed by a certified professional, prior to collection. Visit the Rumpke website for additional details.
Only the items listed below should be placed in Rumpke Recycling containers. Material should be empty and placed loosely in containers. Plastic bags are not accepted.
• Bottles (plastic and glass)
• Cans (aluminum and steel)
• Paperboard (cereal boxes, 12-pack containers, etc.)
• Cardboard (please break down cardboard small enough to fit into container)
• Paper (Acceptable paper includes: office paper, newspaper, magazines, junk mail, envelopes with or without windows telephone books, paper grocery bags)